Chicken Wellington. Melt the butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork. Season the chicken with the thyme and black pepper.
Plus it allows you to take a chance on what is normally a very advanced recipe, making it practical for the home cook. Chicken Wellington is one of those recipes that looks more complicated than it really is. Each step is very easy and they can be done ahead of time so that the day you want to bake up your Chicken Wellington, everything is ready to go and just waiting to be wrapped in a puff pastry sheet.
Anda sedang mencari inspirasi resep chicken wellington yang unik? Cara menyiapkannya memang tidak terlalu sulit namun tidak gampang juga. Kalau salah mengolah maka hasilnya tidak akan memuaskan dan bahkan tidak sedap. Padahal chicken wellington yang enak harusnya sih punya aroma dan cita rasa yang bisa memancing selera kita.
Banyak hal yang sedikit banyak mempengaruhi kualitas rasa dari chicken wellington, pertama dari jenis bahan, lalu pemilihan bahan segar, hingga cara membuat dan menyajikannya. Tidak usah pusing jika hendak menyiapkan chicken wellington yang enak di rumah, karena asal sudah tahu triknya maka hidangan ini mampu jadi sajian istimewa.
Melt the butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork. Season the chicken with the thyme and black pepper.
Nah, kali ini kita coba, yuk, siapkan chicken wellington sendiri di rumah. Tetap dengan bahan sederhana, sajian ini bisa memberi manfaat untuk membantu menjaga kesehatan tubuhmu sekeluarga. Anda bisa membuat Chicken Wellington memakai 0 bahan dan 17 langkah pembuatan. Berikut ini langkah-langkah dalam menyiapkan hidangannya.
Bahan-bahan dan bumbu yang digunakan untuk menyiapkan Chicken Wellington:
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove the Wellington from the plastic wrap and place seam-side down on the prepared baking sheet. Using the back of a paring knife, make a crosshatch pattern on top of the pastry, making sure not to cut all the way through. It combines boneless chicken breast, mushroom, and cream cheese for the filling wrapped up in a puff pastry sheet and baked in the oven till golden brown.
Langkah-langkah membuat Chicken Wellington:
- Step 1 2 days before cooking, mix your Marinade in a large bowl. Butterfly, then beat your chicken until it's an even thickness all around. Place chicken one at a time into the bowl, ensuring that the marinade coats all sides of each piece as you add them into the bowl. Refrigerate for 1 Day..
- Step 2 The next day, remove the bowl from the fridge and take chicken out, letting the marinade drip off. Set aside..
- Step 3 Next, we make the Cranberry sauce. Heat a pot over medium heat and add your water and sugar. Bring to a boil and stir. Ensure the sugar is dissolved..
- Step 4 Add your Cranberries, return to a boil and lower heat. Simmer for 10 minutes..
- Step 5 Add your lemon juice, remove from heat and let it cool. Place in fridge until ready for assembly..
- Step 6 In another bowl, mix your sausage meat, fresh herbs, diced onion and breadcrumbs together. Lay out a large section of cling wrap on your tabletop. You may need to overlay multiple pieces of cling wrap to ensure everything is rolled properly..
- Step 7 Lay out your prosciutto vertically, with the ends of each slightly overlaying each other (see photo). Next, lay your chicken breasts onto the prosciutto..
- Step 8 Take your sausage mixture and spread it onto your chicken in an even layer. Finish by brushing a generous amount of cranberry sauce onto the sausage..
- Step 9 Using the cling wrap, roll the chicken into a log. Make sure everything stays tight while rolling. Once rolled, twist the extra cling wrap on the ends and continue to roll. This will push any excess air out of your log and allow the log to form tightly. Place in your freezer for 30 minutes to settle..
- Step 10 While that settles, sprinkle some flour on your surface and lay out your puff pastry. I'm using larger sheets, then using the extra bits to make decoration (you can do leaves, lattice, etc)..
- Step 11 Roll puff pastry until it is very thin (about 1/8″ or slightly thicker than the average coin). Too thick and you risk the pastry being undercooked, while your fillings are overcooked. Make sure to have 2 sheets of pastry (one for the top and one for the bottom). Take your chicken logs out of the freezer and set them on the bottom edge of your puff pastry. Leave a slight bit of pastry around the edges for sealing. (see photos).
- Step 12 Brush the edges of pastry with your egg yolk and water mixture. Take your second pastry sheet and lay it on top of the chicken log. Pinch the edges in to remove any excess air and cut the excess away (barely leaving an edge). Use a fork to seal your edges..
- Step 13 Wipe away the flour on your counter and place cling wrap onto it. Transfer your wellington onto the cling wrap. Wrap the wellington in the same way you did the chicken log, making sure it's tight and the edges are sealed. Place in the fridge until the next day..
- Step 14 On the day of cooking, preheat your oven to 375°F (about 180°C). Take your wellington out of the fridge and remove the cling wrap..
- Step 15 Mix your egg yolks with the tbsp of water (use the egg wash from yesterday if you kept it). Using a brush, brush the wellington all around. If you're adding lattice or decorations, add it now and use the egg wash on those as well. Do not add the decorations before your first egg wash. The egg wash helps them stick in place. If you aren't using decorations, then egg wash and score the top with a knife (which is what I'm doing)..
- Step 16 Sprinkle it with flaky Sea Salt or Kosher Salt, set it on a wire rack. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, then place your wire rack on top. Chicken typically releases a lot of water, so raising it on the wire rack prevents the bottoms from getting soggy. Place it in the oven for about 40-45 minutes. Poke a thermometer inside to ensure an internal temperature of 165°F on your chicken before removing it..
- Step 17 Once it's at 165°F, remove it and let it rest for 5-10 minutes. Serve with gravy, potatoes, vegetables, some extra Cranberry sauce, etc..
Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Transfer to a plate to cool. Cut each puff pastry sheet in half. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork. Sprinkle the chicken with the thyme and black pepper.
Bagaimana? Mudah bukan? Itulah cara membuat chicken wellington yang bisa Anda lakukan di rumah. Selamat mencoba!